Want to sell a freehold pub or pub lease in Surrey? As solicitors who specialise in advising those selling freehold and leasehold pub businesses, we’re guessing that you probably have a few questions:
- Is it a good time to sell a freehold pub or a pub lease?
- How do you get the best price for your pub in Surrey?
- What’s involved in selling a pub?
- Which is the best solicitor to sell a pub in Surrey? And (of course)…
- What are solicitors’ fees for selling a pub in Surrey?
Advice on selling a freehold or leasehold pub in Surrey
Potential buyers of pubs fall into four main categories:
- The private equity pub consolidator
- The entrepreneurial pub owner looking to add one or two more complementary premises to his or her existing pub
- An employed bar or pub manager looking to buy his or her first pub
- One or more of your employees looking to buy into part or all of the business – or perhaps an existing minority shareholder or partner wanting to buy you out.
If you’ve not yet found a buyer and networking is not your thing, find a reputable business broker or business transfer agent: their sales commission is usually easily justified by finding a buyer for your pub efficiently and at a good price. We work alongside a number of good transfer agents who specialise in licensed premises and are happy to give you a recommendation if you need one.
Get the best deal: use specialist pub sale solicitors
Once you’ve found a potential buyer, you’ll need help with the legal process of selling your pub. Find a solicitor who has experience of small business sales or, best of all, a firm like ours with pub specific selling experience – your local high street solicitor in Surrey is unlikely to have the necessary knowledge or know-how for this type of work.
We act for sellers and buyers of pubs across England and Wales, including pub sales in the London area. We handle everything from freehold/leasehold free of tie pub sales, to the negotiation of pubco leases with corporate landlords such as Punch Taverns and Enterprise Inns.
Our familiarity with the specific requirements and challenges of the pub industry – including the ramifications of the new Pubs Code 2016 for pubco tenants – means we can give you no-nonsense, practical advice and guidance that will help your transaction run smoothly, minimise your risk exposure and save you time and money.
Solicitors’ fees for selling a pub in Surrey
Truelegal solicitors is based in Topsham, Devon, but around 69% of our clients are based in London, the South East and the North of England. Most of our work is done remotely via telephone and email and our lower overheads mean we can offer our clients a London service at a regional price. What’s more, we always offer our clients a fixed price fee, which means you have certainty about your budget from the outset.
Make a free enquiry
The sooner we become involved in the process of helping you to sell your pub business the more likely it is that your sale will be successful, so please contact us today.
Our full contact details can be found on our Contact Us page.
We look forward to hearing from you.