Specialist Solicitors For Buying A Business
So, you’ve decided to buy a business. Congratulations – this is an exciting time! But, whether you’ve only just started to search for businesses for sale or have got as far as making an offer, you’ll know (or will have been told) the next step is to appoint a solicitor.
It’s tempting to use someone you already know – perhaps the solicitor who you last engaged to draw up your will – but just as you wouldn’t go to a personal injury solicitor to help you write your will, you shouldn’t use a general high street solicitor or non specialist to buy your business.
Choosing professional advisors who specialise in business purchases, are familiar with your industry sector and understand the ins and outs of your business, will keep you ahead of the game and save you time and money.
Niche Law Firm For Business Buyers
We are specialist business sale and purchase solicitors who:
- Act only for those buying and selling businesses in England and Wales, because it’s what we enjoy doing most
- Have over 1500 business sales and purchases under our belt giving us the knowledge, know-how and experience to complete your deal as smoothly and as swiftly as possible
- Have extensive experience of working for a wide variety of business types in many different sectors
- Have developed efficient systems and processes to make your business acquisition more cost-effective and less stressful
- Always quote a fixed fee so you don’t have to worry about the clock ticking.
Recommended By Business Buyers
Whether you’re looking to buy a veterinary practice or an hotel, and whether it’s a complex share purchase agreement or a straightforward purchase of business assets and goodwill, we can help.
“Thank you for guiding us through what could have been a very stressful experience.”
Stella Mitchell, Surrey
Never bought a business before? No problem. We’ll guide you through the process step-by-step from registering with relevant industry regulators to asking the right questions of the seller and ensuring your position is adequately protected in the sale contract.
Experienced investor looking to add to your business portfolio? We’ll help you get more bang for your buck by advising on the most tax efficient legal structure to operate your business and mitigate risk by negotiating appropriate warranties and other protective mechanisms in your contract, such as deferred payment or earn-out provisions and non-compete clauses.
We also deal with the various aspects of transferring the lease or freehold of business related commercial property so you’ll deal with a single point of contact for all aspects of your purchase.
What Type Of Business Are You Buying?
Some of the business types we are familiar with are listed below: